I made clothes for each of my three kids for the Easter holiday last week. Time was tight, so I cut some time by using patterns that I had used before. In some cases, it helped to know the construction method. In others, it was very helpful to know that the fit was already tweaked. The three kids were coordinated in navy blue and white, but they each used different fabrics. We'll start with the oldest...
I used the same pattern that I used for this dress (Simplicity 4721), but with a different bodice view. I added a bit more length and a wee bit of width. There is some gaping at the right armhole (nicely accentuated by her pose above), which I didn't notice until very late in the process. I made no attempt to fix it. And I'm okay with that.
I didn't consider any sort of pattern matching while I was cutting out, but it maybe would have been a good idea. The center back seam and the right side back in particular look somewhat awkward.
Even though the calendar says "Spring," the weather is saying, "ummm...not so much." A (purchased) cardigan to wear over the sleeveless dress was essential. But, we have gotten by without tights! There is hope!