Monday, July 25, 2011

The Next Big Thing is Finished

Yay! The quilt is done! I worked on finishing the binding in lots of small chunks of time last week. Some of those chunks looked like this:

Binding the Big One

My kids love doing workbooks. I don't require this - really, I don't. But, I'm quite happy to sit and help them while I stitch.

So many things I love about this quilt...

...the stitch pattern and texture!

The Big One - Finished

...the colors!

The Big One - Finished

...the back (which I will want to see as much as the front)!

The Big One - Finished

...the stitch pattern and texture (did I mention that already?)!

The Big One - Finished

...it's both useful and beautiful!

The Big One - Finished

...now that's it's done I can start thinking about the next big thing!

The Big One - Finished

9 comments:

  1. Just beautiful. You've created a family heirloom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! It's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a beautiful quilt. Is it a published design or one you designed yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful. I also love the texture it has from the quilting. You have inspired me! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! And you did such a great job. :-)
    El

    ReplyDelete
  6. i just checked back, and she first wrote about this quilt june 24, when starting it. she finished it in one month, and had a vacation in there.
    THE FASTEST QUILTER IN CANADA!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! The colors are awesome. You made a beautiful quilt and definitely something that will be around a long time for you all to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous quilt! You've got alot to be proud of!

    ReplyDelete