The Preacher's shirt is finished. I don't sew a lot for him, but this pattern could change that.
I really liked working on this shirt. I did most of the sewing while he wasn't around, so I used an inexpensive fabric with the intention that this one would mostly be a test of the pattern. I really didn't do any fitting work.
I made a size large with a 16 1/2" neck. If it were to be a dress shirt, I think I would go down a size. The sleeve pattern piece looked really short, and after measuring some shirt sleeves in the closet, I added 2" in length. This was too much, as you can see in the pictures.
The sleeve plackets turned out well. I cut the placket piece on the bias for interest.
I stitch the inside of the collar band down by hand before topstitching it. I find that I don't have enough control by machine and really don't like it when the front edge looks sloppy. It's right by the face and seems really noticable to me.
I'll be entering this in the fair in the Man's Sport Shirt category.
Next up: a dress for me!